Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Calculus of Language

I'm tentatively calling the new syntax and related logic a “calculus of language” as it has the properties of a predicate calculus and appears to represent natural language well. Syntactically, it's a superset of predicate calculus. I am writing up a draft of it, going over the formal logic and grammars, and heuristics for the sequential parsing of natural language and hope to publish it soon. I'll comment on any developments as they occur; this technique appears to be working on arbitrary natural language sentences. However, the output is strings, meaning that getting to the exact semantics (URI/integers) appears to be a second step algorithm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, 'admin'.

I found your blog last summer; was terribly interested, but noticed youve stopped posting...

What is the status of your work?

Ive just started a PhD in IT & NLP and would love to discuss your work sometime. You can contact me thru my blog mu.tuals.com. This isnt just shameless promotion; i dont want to leave my email in your blog comments for harvesters to have a field day with.

I noticed there's no way to contact you thru your blog; so HOPE! you see this comment...